Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Comic Coptic



For my final project I decided to bind some Spanish Superman comics that I had on hand. I covered the front and back with Superman scrap booking paper and stitched the book with blue thread. Some of the comics were a little thicker than others and I debated whether or not I wanted to take some of the pages out of the thicker ones. I ended up leaving the comics in their original condition so some of the signatures are a little thicker than others but it ended up not making a huge difference in the binding.

2 comments:

jm said...

that's really cool

I'm Eleanor said...

I was wondering if you thought that something like this would work with manilla folders or shipping envelopes to be an interesting way of organizing loose papers or something...I really like what you've done here with these comics though.